Okay, I was all set to just be done with the Homemade bath and body products, but then I found this Whipped Gingerbread Body Butter on Pinterest, and I absolutely HAD to include it here. Its a great last minute thing to whip up, especially if you already have the stuff in your kitchen from the last round of body butter. This one makes about half of what the other recipe 10 days ago did, so adjust if you need to make more. I have adapted this from the original recipe that I found, leaving out the Vitamin E and Almond Oil. You could certainly use them if you want. I didn’t have them and didn’t want to make a special trip to the store for something I don’t REALLY need.
Whipped Gingerbread Body Butter
1/2 Cup Shea Butter
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
2 tsp Ground Ginger
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Combine the Shea Butter, Coconut oil and 1 tsp of the ginger in a glass bowl and melt it in a pot of water over medium heat (double boiler method). Stir until melted. Don’t let water mix in the oils. You just need to melt them, we don’t need to get crazy. You could also use the microwave, but I prefer to use the stove.
- Let the oils cool down until set up (you can use the fridge to speed this part up, but let the mixture at least get to room temperature, or the glass bowl can burst in your fridge from the huge temperature change)
- Once set, Place in the bowl of your stand mixer (with whisk attachment). Add in the remaining ginger, along with the cinnamon and vanilla.
- Mix until Fluffy and smooth. It should look like frosting.
- Scoop into jars, or whatever containers you are using, and then dress them up if they are gifts (or you want them to look pretty if they are just for you).
No pictures again, sorry. But at least I didn’t just link to something I’ve already written right?? 😉