Today, we are making whipped body butter.
It is a great addition to a homemade pamper kit. You could also throw them in as a stocking stuffer. The key to this is the presentation. AND knowing exactly what is in the stuff you (or your loved one) is putting on your/their body. I prefer homemade bath products to the overly scented things you find in stores. I can adjust the scent as much as I want, and I don’t end up with a chemical soup.
A few notes before we get started:
- Some people are sensitive to Cinnamon, leave it out if you are worried about it (You could easily replace the cinnamon and vanilla with some essential oils of your choosing).
- Because of the coconut oil, this could melt if you keep your house at a temperature above 24 (Celsius). I haven’t had a problem with this, but keep this in mind if you live somewhere hot.
Whipped Cinnamon Vanilla Body Butter
1 cup Shea Butter
1/2 cup Coconut Oil
2 tsp Cinnamon
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Combine Shea Butter and Coconut oil and a glass bowl, and heat them up over a pan of boiling water (double boiler method… you could use the microwave, but I prefer this)
- Stir until melted. Once they have melted, remove from heat, and allow to cool. (After it has been off the heat for at least 20 minutes, you can transfer to the fridge to speed up this time)
- When the oils have just set up and are opaque, Transfer them to the bowl of your stand mixer. With the whisk attachment, beat for 3-5 minutes, until light and fluffy. It also will have doubled (or tripled) in volume.
- Add in the Cinnamon and Vanilla, and beat for another 2-4 minutes until fully incorporated.
- Fill up jars (or whatever air tight container you have chosen). Be sure to keep this out of any hot areas, or store in the Fridge if you are concerned about melting.
Sorry for the lack of photos again… Technical difficulties… None of them were in focus at all. Just blurry and terrible, so I left them out.